Saturday 1 July 2023

My Train Experience From Lagos to Ibadan (Part 1)

 Some weeks ago, I travelled from Lagos to Ibadan using the railway service and I must say I am totally flabbergasted. 

Odunayo Adams Oyebolu at the Agege Train Terminal

I mean, in Nigeria, we do not keep to time, we do not take excellence seriously, ….BUT THE TRAIN SERVICE KEPT TO THE EXACT TIME, THE SERVICE WE GOT WAS PROFESSIONAL AND TOPNOTCH. I totally recommend 101 %. 

Here are few things to note when you decide to use the train service going from Lagos to Ibadan (I’ve used it 3 times after the first time, so I think I am in a very good position to advise you 😂😂)
1. The train leaves Yaba service station 8am. Stops over and takes off at AGEGE train station by 8:28. Then stops over and takes off in Abeokuta by 9:43am. Gets to Omi Adio in Ibadan by 10:26am. Then finally stops 10:47am at Moniya in Ibadan.

2. If your destination is Ibadan, you have the option of getting off the train at either Omi-Adio train station or Moniya. Depending on the exact location you are going in Ibadan. Ask someone which of the stops is closer to your destination. It will also be announced on the train if you don’t sleep off. The train is cold and very comfy (I’ll talk about this in part 2)

3. First class is N9,000 Business class is N6500, economy is N3600 for adults and N3000 for kids. I wanted to go for first class, but I was told by one of the passengers that there is no much difference in first class and business class. So, I opted for business class, and I was grateful to the person for helping me save N3000😁😁😁

4. They do not accept transfer/card payments. They only take cash. You will probably get POS guys at the train, but I'll advise you have your cash handy sha.

5, THERE IS NO AFRICAN TIME. In fact, they stop selling tickets after a while. So, you need to get to the station AT LEAST one hour before your train schedule.

6. You have a limited kg of load you can bring in. I really do not think this can be an issue if you are not relocating from one city to another LOL

When should I drop part 2 of the interiors of the train. Please let me know in the comment section so I can be fingered to put my videos together 😁😁😁 Thank you for reading and watching 🤍🎉

You can watch the first part of my video that I uploaded on my Instagram HERE

No comments: